Heavens Duel Academy
Welcome to Heaven's Duel Academy. Please sign up and enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Heavens Duel Academy
Welcome to Heaven's Duel Academy. Please sign up and enjoy!
Heavens Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Menu
Events
Latest topics
» Discord Group with Yugioh Tournaments and Teams if anyone is still around
by clark3000mkp 27th January 2022, 9:50 pm

» Is anyone still go to this academy
by me22 7th March 2019, 4:50 pm

» Happy 2017 and everything else :D
by clark3000mkp 5th November 2017, 1:43 am

» Link Summoning Thoughts?
by clark3000mkp 2nd March 2017, 2:03 am

» Yugioh Duel Links
by clark3000mkp 2nd February 2017, 12:03 am

» If anyone's interested...
by Koinu Kitten<3 1st February 2017, 4:20 pm

» Raise your hand if you still check here
by BarcodePez 12th October 2016, 12:37 am

» Merry Christmas!!
by InfernoNeos 21st January 2016, 6:38 pm

» The Main Shop (Remake)
by Dead PhoenixFX 30th November 2015, 8:09 am

» Mr. Shy is here
by Dead PhoenixFX 30th November 2015, 8:08 am

Discussion on your banlist wishes

+4
Heimerdinger
Akita Neru
Yin~
RuneChampion
8 posters

Go down

Discussion on your banlist wishes Empty Discussion on your banlist wishes

Post by RuneChampion 13th July 2014, 12:10 am

If you guys want your wishlist for the banlist shown on my yugioh channel you can post your banlist here, pm me here or even message me on youtube if you don't my channel heres the link to it check it out and sub if you haven't already.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9fThrg_nzsRVq89qyDXIWA
RuneChampion
RuneChampion
Administrator
Administrator

https://heavensduelacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion on your banlist wishes Empty Re: Discussion on your banlist wishes

Post by Yin~ 13th July 2014, 1:20 am

Banned (0)

None

Limit (1)

Soul Charge - Card is the nuts. Preventing consistent unbreakable boards while also letting it remain in the game for it's cost being somewhat reasonable. Bouncing back, rewarding for conserving LP (which a lot of player don't care about until it reaches 2100 and below), etc.

Solemn Judgment - Let them waste half their LP. It makes Charge less useful and also gives an out to many other cards that are in the game today. It's not a great topdeck either. While it can almost always be live, it's like a watered down Wiretap + Horn with a generally hefty cost.

Thousand-Eyes Restrict - A one for one with a cost of 1000 w/ Instant Fusion. It's really not that great anymore when boss monsters can be spammed out easily and a plethora of normal mini monsters mean little. If there can be a consistent and good chaos control deck that can be made out of this, then it certainly will not be near tier 1. It's worth testing at 1.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaighty (very iffy) - This will power up Wind-Ups very nicely and thrust them into tier 1.5 -- and opening doors for more options in the deck while making pushes easier.

Geargiagear - Because Gears need a hit and honestly, there is no single broken card in the deck. If not this, then Armor.

DMoC - Tell me this will make an impact. Convince me.

Madolche Hootcake - Not that Madolches are all that great or largely relevant -- but Anjelly + Hoot + T.G.'s even = Large advantage from just having 2 cards, if not 1. It does need some sort of hit.

Bujincarnation - Free XYZ. It's just rewarding for a deck doing what it does while also being a 1 card out. Not really too healthy. Not that Bujins are really relevant, but the near auto pilot deck shouldn't have a free bounce back button at 3 with such a great boss xyz.

Traptrix Myrmeleo - People may wonder why hit this. I respond with 1 seems to be a little too harsh but I wouldn't say not to hit it. It's MST by special summon and also searches great traps. While a good tutor for Traptrix Hole and Bottomless, it needs to be hit for such an advantage propagator and a measly 1600 attack with a search and walking mst may seem less harmful than meets the eye -- especially when wasting a normal summon for it -- it still becomes splashable into almost anything. So, I won't say no at 2 (It would make little difference from 3 to 2), but I would like to see it at 1.

Spoiler:

Semi-Limit (2)

Dimensional Fissure - Fine side card. Promotes banishing for completely relevant D.D. decks. But mainly for side decking as well as finding a way to play around most common Hand Traps.

Compulsory Evacuation Device - Nice toolbox trap that's slowly been losing it's staple status anyway. It takes care of Shadolls and Beezle easier and makes a plethora of plays that promote player interaction.

Thunder King Rai-Oh - Nice card, slows plays, decent body and a slight stall to the overall game. It may not be doing much now, but it's design looks like it was meant to slow things down. Format is already slow and next banlist doesn't look to change it much. Might as well bump him up for these reasons and the fact that Prophecy is a little behind to be selling now anyway.

Deep Sea Diva - Impact? Not a ton. Atlantean boost if anything and a way to make Merlants branch out to be meta comparable and different builds after Charge is hit down.

Fire Hand/Ice Hand - 2 of each is enough. If a deck can even fit 3 of each nicely, then they risk their own clog anyway. However it still requires a hit for such incredibly easy splashability.

Reinforcement of the Army - 1 4 1. Promote the nice warrior decks for consistency consider Gateway is gone, Stratos is gone, Noble Knights are less than consistent, Stellars are meh, Ninja's are just there, etc. -- This card is only as good as the card it can search,

Judgment Dragon - Also a light hit. It won't affect LS too hard, but they're hardly relevant otherwise. Really, hitting JD is not even probable. I just put it here for an actual wishlist reason that a nuke on this level w/ new support of Raiden and Felice = small hit is warranted but won't happen because relevance.

Artifact Sanctum - Pure Artifacts would have a nice time in this banlist if I didn't even try to hit them lightly. So a little consistency tap on the floodgate/combo opener seems required.

Unlimited (3)

Mirror Force - Hands exist. Graveyard revival exists. Wiretap exists. All 3 are popular.  This card only destroys. And would you really use it at 3 anyway? Also non-chainable to MST.

Chaos Sorcerer - This needs explaining?

Reborn Tengu - Hands exist and spam anyway. Tengu at 3 won't be a huge impact at all, and even if it promotes 4 Axis, at least 4 axis has more interaction than 3. Plant Synchro also can get a slight boost if that's even a thing anymore or w/ Sylvans.

Gladiator Beast Bestiari - How long have we wanted this? Will this even make a giant impact? No, it will propel Glads a little higher but not enough to throw it into full blown tier 1. Artifacts are even running around which makes Bestiari pops a little more thought oriented. It's also susceptible to traps and spells, just like most monsters that have no broken effect. 3 even.

Magician of Faith - Because we will all run it.

Tragoedia - Again. Impact?

Dark Strike Fighter : Nice stats for a level 7 with a decent-low effect. Seems fine and won't loop much either due to the errata while making level 7 synchros have at least some generic one with better stats.

An extra note. Do we as players really want a balanced format? Because sans Goat format, so many players only complain that the better formats were one with dominating clear decks -- not one where multiple decks could top or that many decks could reach the same power level. So in a way, I only see that the playerbase yearns for broken decks and concepts each alternating format to keep it in taste. Otherwise, it really does seem to stay boring or not worth the time. Skill is determined multiple ways and seems to change with these formats as well as the overall utility gained. Therefore, why do people try to make a balanced banlist when most enjoy the fast paced metagame over the slower one?
Yin~
Yin~

Back to top Go down

Post by Akita Neru 13th July 2014, 7:24 am

Theres only 3 cards I want changed. I want geargia armour to 2 or 1, diva to 2 and sinister serpant to 1.
Akita Neru
Akita Neru

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneChampion 13th July 2014, 4:36 pm

I got it i will be recording them now
RuneChampion
RuneChampion
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Heimerdinger 13th July 2014, 5:02 pm

Gateway I want u back !
Heimerdinger
Heimerdinger

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneChampion 14th July 2014, 11:14 pm

If you guys post your wishlist can you get alittle in dept like yin did lol
RuneChampion
RuneChampion
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by clark3000mkp 15th July 2014, 12:10 am

Yin, I don't think hootcake is the card to hit. Anjelly would be. It's like a lonefire blossom, so if we put it to 1 or 2 it's fine. There's really no reason to hit madolches at all until they become a problem. As for bujincarnation, I can kind of agree, but a free xyz isn't really op nowadays. Tour guide is at three and we have things like hysteric party for harpies. Soul charge honestly isn't that busted, because most decks can't abuse it. Two might be nice to slow down graveyard decks like sylvans and rulers. Jumping bestiari to three immediatley is a bad idea. With three bestiari, it could be like a heavy storm format. Put it to two first and see how that goes. 

And yes, I think players, at least here at the academy love diverse formats. When it's a one deck format, you know what's going to top everything and it takes the fun out. This format we've had spellbooks, mermails, Rulers, and everything else top. (Sadly no inzektors)

As for my own wishes, Inzektor Hornet to two (Or dragonfly, not both) because all it does is add consistency to the deck. Either that or they need a couple more monsters. 
Let's be honest, sangan could come back to one. In a faster meta, it's just kind of slow. it would be played in some decks, but it wouldn't be format changing. And the tourguide sangan combo just isn't good because you're wasting your normal summon and if you xyz summon then you don't get sangan's effect.
Like Patch said, sinister serpant to one wouldn't do anything to the meta.
Trishula to one is iffy, but it's in the ocg and isn't wrecking the meta.
We should handle wind-ups like the ocg does where hunter is banned and zenmaity is at one.
I also like the idea of solemn judgement to one. It's a big cost and I like saying "The solemn brigade" c:
Atlantean dragoons and deep sea diva could go to two and not destroy the meta, but maybe we should do those one at a time. 
Gorz can go to two because it's not doing anything relevant, especially not in a non heavy storm format
Thunder king to two sounds good, it's not going to do much to the meta.
Neo-spacian grand mole is just like a weaker compulse that takes a normal summon. It doens't have to be at one. 
Rescue rabbit could go to two easy. In the ocg it just went to three so we'll see how that goes.
SS Shi En could go to two, six sams aren't doing anything
Book of moon to two can happen, because it doesn't get rid of the monster that it targets, whereas something like compulse does. it's essentially a -1
Even though they don't do much, infernity launcher is just an auto win card, like rekindling and neither are good for the game. I'm on the fence about them being outright banned, but they're unhealthy.
Card Trooper should go to three. It's outclassed by kuribandit and troop dupe scoop isn't relevant anymore.
Reasoning to three wouldn't impact the meta at all either. 

One of the two gishki level six monsters that are limited could go to two to make it semi-competitive.
clark3000mkp
clark3000mkp
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Post by Yin~ 15th July 2014, 3:05 am

clark3000mkp wrote:Yin, I don't think hootcake is the card to hit. Anjelly would be. It's like a lonefire blossom, so if we put it to 1 or 2 it's fine. There's really no reason to hit madolches at all until they become a problem. As for bujincarnation, I can kind of agree, but a free xyz isn't really op nowadays. Tour guide is at three and we have things like hysteric party for harpies. Soul charge honestly isn't that busted, because most decks can't abuse it. Two might be nice to slow down graveyard decks like sylvans and rulers. Jumping bestiari to three immediatley is a bad idea. With three bestiari, it could be like a heavy storm format. Put it to two first and see how that goes. 

And yes, I think players, at least here at the academy love diverse formats. When it's a one deck format, you know what's going to top everything and it takes the fun out. This format we've had spellbooks, mermails, Rulers, and everything else top. (Sadly no inzektors)

As for my own wishes, Inzektor Hornet to two (Or dragonfly, not both) because all it does is add consistency to the deck. Either that or they need a couple more monsters. 
Let's be honest, sangan could come back to one. In a faster meta, it's just kind of slow. it would be played in some decks, but it wouldn't be format changing. And the tourguide sangan combo just isn't good because you're wasting your normal summon and if you xyz summon then you don't get sangan's effect.
Like Patch said, sinister serpant to one wouldn't do anything to the meta.
Trishula to one is iffy, but it's in the ocg and isn't wrecking the meta.
We should handle wind-ups like the ocg does where hunter is banned and zenmaity is at one.
I also like the idea of solemn judgement to one. It's a big cost and I like saying "The solemn brigade" c:
Atlantean dragoons and deep sea diva could go to two and not destroy the meta, but maybe we should do those one at a time. 
Gorz can go to two because it's not doing anything relevant, especially not in a non heavy storm format
Thunder king to two sounds good, it's not going to do much to the meta.
Neo-spacian grand mole is just like a weaker compulse that takes a normal summon. It doens't have to be at one. 
Rescue rabbit could go to two easy. In the ocg it just went to three so we'll see how that goes.
SS Shi En could go to two, six sams aren't doing anything
Book of moon to two can happen, because it doesn't get rid of the monster that it targets, whereas something like compulse does. it's essentially a -1
Even though they don't do much, infernity launcher is just an auto win card, like rekindling and neither are good for the game. I'm on the fence about them being outright banned, but they're unhealthy.
Card Trooper should go to three. It's outclassed by kuribandit and troop dupe scoop isn't relevant anymore.
Reasoning to three wouldn't impact the meta at all either. 

One of the two gishki level six monsters that are limited could go to two to make it semi-competitive.

Why would I hit the archetype specific summoner near one for one and a half?
Nothing other than Hootcake is abuseable. Anjelly is literally used to combo off of Hoot only as the optimal play because it makes +++. Lonefire is for any plant deck, Anjelly is for an archetype that did little before it and would stay a nice deck if the advantage piston went down a notch -- not the deck boost.

Rank 3's are not Rank 4's. Harpies search cards that waste a normal summon. Bujins are utilizing decks around Hirume and Arasuda to recklessly play because they know they have a searchable 1 card recover that gives more advantage than before.

2 Charge isn't 'slowing down' much at all. Might as well put Morall to 2. Won't slow it down. Does almost nothing but affect a grind game and chances by five percent.

No-one would run 3 Bestiari. Attack sucks and 2 would be all you need.

You know what will top. Great.
Does that stop the fun?
March 13 Ruler mirrors were absurdly fun. As were Goat format mirrors. And they both took a considerable amount of skill to play. The limited deck options were what made the format skill oriented to creative deck building to see what worked against high level players.

ZektArtifacts topped an ARG this format btw.

Konami explicitly stated they would never raise BoM. One of the best cards in the game with various toolbox uses and dodges.

Trooper is amazing. Bandit is 'ok' in certain decks. Trooper to 3 is no. Draw + 1900 on your turn + mill 3 per turn and prevent full otk's by heralding field presence and plus on death.

>Dragoons going up
>no.

Yin~
Yin~

Back to top Go down

Post by clark3000mkp 15th July 2014, 4:05 pm

I think I can agree with you mostly on everything but trooper. If you really look at the Yugioh is now, it just wouldn't do anything. I'm sure some decks might run 3 but it wouldn't really impact the meta. 
What do you think about hands going to two? I like it, even though a lot of decks don't run three.
Have you seen the Worlds list? http://www.ygorganization.com/world-championship-forbiddenlimited-list/ What do you think?
clark3000mkp
clark3000mkp
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneChampion 16th July 2014, 1:21 am

Clark can we get your wishlist
RuneChampion
RuneChampion
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hell Kaiser 16th July 2014, 12:51 pm

Eclipse Wyvren to 1

Fire/Ice hand to 1

Artifact Sanc. to 2

Thunder King to 2

Unlimited

Can't think of something right now.
Hell Kaiser
Hell Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatsune Miku 16th July 2014, 4:32 pm

Archlord Krystia to 1-2 please Discussion on your banlist wishes 416687979
Hatsune Miku
Hatsune Miku

Back to top Go down

Post by clark3000mkp 16th July 2014, 6:38 pm

I wish hornet or dragonfly would go to two, and that thousand eyes would come back. Transmigration prophecy to at least two. Rescue Rabbit to two or three. Gishki Mind Augus to two (The loop is mediocre at best and to two would encourage play but not otks in the form of hieratic giski's). Grand mole to two and SB of fate to two.
clark3000mkp
clark3000mkp
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Post by Megurine Luka 17th July 2014, 10:07 am

I just wish DA would ban Exodia/burn/stall decks from competitive. they could do the same thing they do when searching decks for banned/limited cards, jsut with exoida and such. if someone has too many of certain stall/burn cards, they could just block that deck from competitive..
Megurine Luka
Megurine Luka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down