Heavens Duel Academy
Welcome to Heaven's Duel Academy. Please sign up and enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Heavens Duel Academy
Welcome to Heaven's Duel Academy. Please sign up and enjoy!
Heavens Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Menu
Events
Latest topics
» Discord Group with Yugioh Tournaments and Teams if anyone is still around
by clark3000mkp 27th January 2022, 9:50 pm

» Is anyone still go to this academy
by me22 7th March 2019, 4:50 pm

» Happy 2017 and everything else :D
by clark3000mkp 5th November 2017, 1:43 am

» Link Summoning Thoughts?
by clark3000mkp 2nd March 2017, 2:03 am

» Yugioh Duel Links
by clark3000mkp 2nd February 2017, 12:03 am

» If anyone's interested...
by Koinu Kitten<3 1st February 2017, 4:20 pm

» Raise your hand if you still check here
by BarcodePez 12th October 2016, 12:37 am

» Merry Christmas!!
by InfernoNeos 21st January 2016, 6:38 pm

» The Main Shop (Remake)
by Dead PhoenixFX 30th November 2015, 8:09 am

» Mr. Shy is here
by Dead PhoenixFX 30th November 2015, 8:08 am

Regarding Entrance Exams

5 posters

Go down

Regarding Entrance Exams Empty Regarding Entrance Exams

Post by RedactedEntry 28th November 2013, 12:04 pm

So I've been thinking about how our entrance exams evaluate newcomers, and I've concluded that the "Competitiveness" field must be removed from the exam. It does nothing to help the evaluation of a duelist, and in should not be included.

There are a few reasons for this. First, for those of you who may not have noticed, this field consistently interferes with the "Creativity" field. Since, as I have learned, the only decks deserving of full credit for "Competitiveness" are top tier metagame decks, any deck that could be considered creative (and therefore not used by literally everyone) would inevitably get a poor mark in this field. This makes achieving a full score of 175 points literally impossible. This should be very difficult to achieve, but not impossible.

Secondly, having a field, of which the purpose is essentially to judge whether the applicant is using a meta deck, on the exam only serves to reward people who use top tier decks. We should be discouraging people from using these sorts of decks, rather than encouraging it. To put it simply, we're basically giving 20 points to anyone who can google "Mermails deck profile."

In conclusion, there is no sense in maintaining a "Competitiveness" field. It must be removed.
RedactedEntry
RedactedEntry
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Regarding Entrance Exams Empty Re: Regarding Entrance Exams

Post by BarcodePez 28th November 2013, 1:22 pm

i see yor point but you shouldnt discrourage someone from using good decks thats just stupid as anything let people use what they want and if its top tier say okay, playing top tier doesnt make you better or worse at the game it makes you smarter in a sense you know what you have to play to win, ND YOU KNOW HOW TO SIDE FOR IT. if anything we should encourage people to use what they want, no-one is gunna learn if they cannot play tier 1, tier 1 decks are the best decks no matter what anyone can say, if you learn to play the decks you will do alot better then someone who plays rogue as shit decks.
BarcodePez
BarcodePez

https://www.youtube.com/user/barcodepez18

Back to top Go down

Post by ! A Nerd Next Door 28th November 2013, 1:50 pm

BarcodePez wrote:i see yor point but you shouldnt discrourage someone from using good decks thats just stupid as anything let people use what they want and if its top tier say okay, playing top tier doesnt make you better or worse at the game it makes you smarter in a sense you know what you have to play to win, ND YOU KNOW HOW TO SIDE FOR IT. if anything we should encourage people to use what they want, no-one is gunna learn if they cannot play tier 1, tier 1 decks are the best decks no matter what anyone can say, if you learn to play the decks you will do alot better then someone who plays rogue as shit decks.
Eh, the fact is - while I do not hate the meta at all, and I do believe Meta Decks take skill to play - the category "Competitiveness" goes along with nothing about your skills as a duelist.
! A Nerd Next Door
! A Nerd Next Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgment Dragon 28th November 2013, 4:37 pm

If your deck is "competitive" it shows us how well you build your decks, and inevitably shows us your skills as a duelist when you're using this deck that you have built. I know that the Competitive field does work because near enough every other academy, including academies in the top 5 rank, use it. Sooo... I say we keep it.
Judgment Dragon
Judgment Dragon

http://judgmentday.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RedactedEntry 28th November 2013, 4:43 pm

Judgment Dragon wrote:If your deck is "competitive" it shows us how well you build your decks, and inevitably shows us your skills as a duelist when you're using this deck that you have built. I know that the Competitive field does work because near enough every other academy, including academies in the top 5 rank, use it. Sooo... I say we keep it.
Except we don't actually judge "competitive" that way.

Originally, I believed it was scored as you just described, based on build alone. But when I gave someone a 20 in that field for using a really good Fire Kings deck, Azaux demanded I have my tester status revoked, and explained to me that it is based on metagame standards alone. Therefore, it must be removed.
RedactedEntry
RedactedEntry
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Life Less One 29th November 2013, 7:48 am

Now I have to agree with pez on this one. Meta can be great thing to improve your duelling skills. Furthermore just because a deck is competitive doesn't mean it is not creative. I have met several creative decks that are not only competitive but are creative. For example, I ran into a deck which was combination of cloudian and watt. Now the cloudians provided a LOT of defence for the person and he was eating away at my LP with the watt cards. He also used cards like Waboku and Threating roar to stop me giving him damage. So this deck was creative and competitive.

Meta is something all good yugioh players need to be aware of. If you cannot use meta then you will never be a top class duelist. Besides there is something called a 'side' deck which helps against decks so yea that is what I feel on the metagame Razz
The Life Less One
The Life Less One

Back to top Go down

Post by RedactedEntry 29th November 2013, 10:00 am

The Life Less One wrote:Now I have to agree with pez on this one. Meta can be great thing to improve your duelling skills. Furthermore just because a deck is competitive doesn't mean it is not creative. I have met several creative decks that are not only competitive but are creative. For example, I ran into a deck which was combination of cloudian and watt. Now the cloudians provided a LOT of defence for the person and he was eating away at my LP with the watt cards. He also used cards like Waboku and Threating roar to stop me giving him damage. So this deck was creative and competitive.

Meta is something all good yugioh players need to be aware of. If you cannot use meta then you will never be a top class duelist. Besides there is something called a 'side' deck which helps against decks so yea that is what I feel on the metagame Razz
According to what I was told by Azaux, a deck such as the example you have provided would receive a low score in competitiveness, because said deck is not listed in the top tiers.

I'm just going by what I've been told. If you suggest we change the criteria for that field, that would work, however.
RedactedEntry
RedactedEntry
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Life Less One 29th November 2013, 10:19 am

i see well azaux may only see as top tier decks as competitive but that is not always the case. Take an anti-meta deck for example such as MDR-TENKEN. Now this deck is considered the anti-meta king. It summons beast king barbaros then with skill drain it makes their attack into 3000.

I see where your coming from. Competitive decks aren't always meta ._. azaux was wrong. But if people use meta they will , most of the times, receive a low creativity score.
The Life Less One
The Life Less One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum