Heavens Duel Academy
Welcome to Heaven's Duel Academy. Please sign up and enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Heavens Duel Academy
Welcome to Heaven's Duel Academy. Please sign up and enjoy!
Heavens Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Menu
Events
Latest topics
» Discord Group with Yugioh Tournaments and Teams if anyone is still around
by clark3000mkp 27th January 2022, 9:50 pm

» Is anyone still go to this academy
by me22 7th March 2019, 4:50 pm

» Happy 2017 and everything else :D
by clark3000mkp 5th November 2017, 1:43 am

» Link Summoning Thoughts?
by clark3000mkp 2nd March 2017, 2:03 am

» Yugioh Duel Links
by clark3000mkp 2nd February 2017, 12:03 am

» If anyone's interested...
by Koinu Kitten<3 1st February 2017, 4:20 pm

» Raise your hand if you still check here
by BarcodePez 12th October 2016, 12:37 am

» Merry Christmas!!
by InfernoNeos 21st January 2016, 6:38 pm

» The Main Shop (Remake)
by Dead PhoenixFX 30th November 2015, 8:09 am

» Mr. Shy is here
by Dead PhoenixFX 30th November 2015, 8:08 am

Tournament Idea: Yu-Gi-Oh Bowl Championship (YBC)

5 posters

Go down

Tournament Idea: Yu-Gi-Oh Bowl Championship (YBC) Empty Tournament Idea: Yu-Gi-Oh Bowl Championship (YBC)

Post by ! A Nerd Next Door 21st November 2013, 3:30 am

Introduction

I am a proponent of exciting tournaments, but unfortunately, when it comes to Academy Tournament, I only saw a one or two big events surviving more than two days. I recognize this, so I decided to brainstorm for the best tournament ideas.

The issues:

• Many Tournaments gives too small of the time-frame window for the participants to finish the duel. Most only gets 1-2 hours. And they are supposed to finish the tournament within a day - meaning some people won't have time for it!

• Many long tournaments that give enough time for people to finish the tourney lose hype pretty quickly in the process. People do not want to be doing it anymore because they lose motivation.

• They can't meet for the right time to do the duels either, so they lose motivation for that too. People are busy - they do not have the time frame to meet!

How do we resolve this issue?

Yu-Gi-Oh Bowl Championship (YBC): Where It Came From/b]

Basically, the idea is from College Football. If you know College Football, you know that those College Football Programs plays roughly 12 Games, and then some of them are invited to a Bowl Game. The more successful you are - the better Bowl Game you get.

This is exactly the basis of my idea for new Tournament Format. You are in like a League Setting - Not a Knockout-Based Series where you have to keep winning games to go up. You can lose one games, and while it affects your standing, it does not knock you out immediately.

[b]The Format

• The Tournament will be divided into two season: Regular Season and Bowl Season. Regular Season is when you will be going against your opponent, and it will reflect your standing. Bowl Season is the culmination of records in Regular Season, and it will invite people into the Bowl Game.

• YBC will be held in Dueling Network.

• The league will be in point system. It's not pure record, although record will determine majority of the points that people will receive. There will be votes involved also that will determine the points of people.

• The Season will be 8~12 Weeks long (depending on what you guys want), while Bowl Game would be in weeks that follow. There will be game once per week.

• Every week, after a game, the participants shall provide the Commissioner (the one who is in charge of the league) the Decks that they versed with, the Record of the Match (2-0 or 2-1?), and the life points of the winner in each game (to show that if it was a close game or a distant game). This will be very important in the placement during Bye Week of Votes (explained later).

• To avoid time conflicts, there will be Conferences set up based on Time Zone. I have not decided how to divide the time yet, but it really depends on how many people want to participate.

• Those who are not able to meet for the Game that week get 'Tie' to avoid losing the match. Those who are not able to meet up 2~3 times or more face forfeiting all the matches that were "Tied" because they were unable to meet for the games. Abusing this rule (such as collusion to knock one person out completely) will result in immediate disqualification and further sanctions (I will ask Rune and other administrators for which sanctions violators would get).

• Majority part of Regular Season would be "Intra-Conference Match" to determine the Strength Ranks of the people within the Conference. After the Intra-Conference Match is finished, we will have a Bye Week of Votes (explained later). After Bye Week of Votes, there will be "Inter-Conference Match". Inter-Conference Match will determine the seedings of what each conference will get. (Inter-Conference Match will be thoroughly explained later).

• Bye Week of Votes is set up to let people vote for who they think is the strongest. Keep in mind - participants are not allowed to vote for THEMSELVES. The Commissioner (One in charge of the League) will have all the duel records and what Deck people dueled up to that time, and he/she will reveal all the Duel Records that participants have versed.

• After a Bye Week of Votes, Conference Rank will be set up. After that, there will be few Inter-Conference Games to determine which Conference is the strongest. The stronger Conference will get more seeding to the better Bowl Games.

• Bias is legal during this tournament, just like any sports game. If you are jerk, people will hate you. However, to avoid any impression that people had, the participant shall create new Dueling Network account and duel with it. Also, there will be a whole new website for this tournament, and participant shall register an account (that has different name) so no bias will carry on from HDA.

• It's illegal to spread your or others' HDA identities (There will be sanctions followed). However, you are welcome to figure out about others' identities.

• To keep the hype up, there will be trash talk section in the tournament website. However, it must be harmless trash talk. If it becomes harmful, that person will lose the privilege to trash talk, followed by other sanctions. (Again, asking to administrators about this)

Pretty much, that is the idea. I know it's complex, but these are my suggestions for Tournament.
! A Nerd Next Door
! A Nerd Next Door

Back to top Go down

Tournament Idea: Yu-Gi-Oh Bowl Championship (YBC) Empty Re: Tournament Idea: Yu-Gi-Oh Bowl Championship (YBC)

Post by The Life Less One 21st November 2013, 2:04 pm

I see so in challonge we can host this as swiss rounds which is like a league and also if we will give a weeks time for each round match ups then we should also get rid of the time conference since if something important comes up then they basically lose the duel because they miss the time. Also this is why I suggest they give a preferable time where they can duel each other now this may be in any days of the week. After they fail to duel they recieve a warning and a loss. The loss is given to the member who didn't duel in the week time given. If both members were active but on different days a draw is awarded and no warnings are issued. What ya think?
The Life Less One
The Life Less One

Back to top Go down

Tournament Idea: Yu-Gi-Oh Bowl Championship (YBC) Empty Re: Tournament Idea: Yu-Gi-Oh Bowl Championship (YBC)

Post by Judgment Dragon 21st November 2013, 3:04 pm

I think that this should happen, purely because , he has everything already thought out and it looks and seems a lot more organized than a lot of them.
Judgment Dragon
Judgment Dragon

http://judgmentday.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck God Marth 21st November 2013, 3:13 pm

I see Seems like a good idea but u need to actully MAKE a tourny and buy it so there can be rewards
Luck God Marth
Luck God Marth

Back to top Go down

Post by ! A Nerd Next Door 21st November 2013, 3:18 pm

I am just suggesting the idea.

Beside, I only have like 29 DP lol.
! A Nerd Next Door
! A Nerd Next Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck God Marth 21st November 2013, 3:23 pm

Hmmmm Wait someone else could make it
Luck God Marth
Luck God Marth

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneChampion 21st November 2013, 4:15 pm

i like this idea
RuneChampion
RuneChampion
Administrator
Administrator

https://heavensduelacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ! A Nerd Next Door 21st November 2013, 4:22 pm

The league system will be very complex, so there needs to be more than one person that will be commissioning this.

Also, they have to be active. If commissioners are not active, tournament will fall apart.
! A Nerd Next Door
! A Nerd Next Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgment Dragon 21st November 2013, 5:51 pm

Find some active members and get this thing up and running, it's a great idea :3
Judgment Dragon
Judgment Dragon

http://judgmentday.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck God Marth 21st November 2013, 6:32 pm

If Rune's Has The OKAY sign as do i GJ this place is getting better by the minute
Luck God Marth
Luck God Marth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down